- Learn more about the Honors College community by viewing our video.
- Learn about our eight living-learning programs (LLP).
- Identify which programs interest you the most and then complete your Program Preference Form by the best consideration deadline of by February 21, 2022:
- To fill out your form, log onto the Terps Application Portal *Please choose your LLP preference order carefully; transferring to another LLP once you are placed in an LLP is not guaranteed.
- Confirm enrollment and apply for housing by May 1.
Every new first-year student who desires to live in campus residence halls must complete the Campus Housing and Dining Agreement by May 1 to be eligible to live on campus. This includes Honors College students. The housing agreement can be found at reslife.umd.eduby selecting the "Apply for Housing" button on the top right of the page. Missing the May 1 deadline may impact a student's ability to secure on-campus housing.
- Register for orientation.
Students should register for orientation with the Orientation Office. Students must attend a two-day orientation program in the summer to build their fall schedules. The Honors College invites newly admitted students to attend Honors Orientation, but students also have the option to attend a regular orientation. Honors Orientation is scheduled for June 13-14, June 30- July 1, and July 11-12, 2022. Visit the Orientation Office for more information.
Note: Completing the Program Preference Form for the Honors College and your UMD Housing reservation does not obligate you to attend the University of Maryland or the Honors College. It merely reserves a place in Honors for you, should you decide to enroll at the University of Maryland.
Refer to the Admitted Fall Freshman Checklist for more information about dining options, financial aid, transfer credit, and other important enrollment items.